This half-day sightseeing tour takes you on a journey from Beijing’s imperial past to its present and future as a mega metropolis.
This half-day sightseeing tour takes you on a journey from Beijing’s imperial past to its present and future as a mega metropolis. You’ll gain an architectural and historical perspective as you learn about dynastic emperors in the Forbidden City and visit the top of the China World Trade Tower. Lunch and beer at a local microbrewery is included with the personal attention from our guide.
After pickup from your hotel lobby in Beijing city centre, your guide will take you to the first stop of the itinerary, the Forbidden City.
The Forbidden City or Imperial Palace was the residence of the different emperors during the Ming and Qing dynasties. Containing up to 800 buildings and some 9,000 chambers, the palace was strictly forbidden to the general public. Your guide will explain the meanings of the intricate designs and interesting details about its history. Listen to anecdotes about China's Empress Dowager Tzu-hsi who wielded power as head of the Qing Dynasty for half a century and learn the fate of the last emperor.
When you finish this visit, you will head to the business area of Beijing. On the way, our guide will entertain you with interesting stories about Beijing history like the Japanese occupation, the communist party foundation, the visit of Nixon and Kissinger's to China and their secret discussions with Mao Zedong, etc.
Once in the Business Area also called CBD, you will visit the Summit Wing, a remarkable space near the top of the 81st floor at the China World Trade Tower III. Enjoy unrivaled views over the historic city center, including the hutongs, which demonstrate Beijing’s organic development with their narrow alleys that separate traditional courtyard homes.
After this visit, you will make a stop to have a lunch and local beer in one of the capital's best microbreweries in the Sanlitun area. The Sanlitun area is known for their shops and bustling night life, so now that the tour has finished, you can get to know this modern neighborhood of Beijing.
Then you will farewell your guide and make your own way back to your hotel.
- Weave your way through the massive Forbidden City complex and gain insight into emperors' lives
- Gaze at breathtaking city views from the stylish sky-high Summit Wing in the business area of Beijing
- Enjoy a beer at a local microbrewery in Sanlitun, one of the most popular spots in Beijing（on your own）
Tour starts at 08:30am, ends at 12:30pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- One beer at local brewery
- Hotel Drop Off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- Hotel Pick-up is within Beijing City Centre
- Kindly be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time
- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- Recommended to dress in comfortable shoes
- Note: The start and end times will vary depending on traffic and road conditions
- Passport Details of All Travellers required for our operator to purchase the Admission Ticket into Forbidden City
- Kindly bring along your passport on the day of the tour
- Forbidden City is closed on Mondays
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before boarding the vehicle
- This tour is valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of Hotel
- Passport Details of All Travellers
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.