Spend a wonderful day with this different private tour focusing in the traditional and modern art of Beijing.
Spend a wonderful day with this different private tour focusing in the traditional and modern art of Beijing. You will visit the Capital Museum for ancient history, and walk around some of the most popular Beijing buildings of the 21st Century.
Meet your guide at the lobby of your hotel in Beijing city centre at 8:30 am and start exploring the city
First you will visit the Capital Museum. This six-story building houses 11 exhibition halls displaying ancient Chinese art such as bronze statues, jade utensils, ancient calligraphy and paintings. Inside this museum you can also admire restored old Beijing city views and precious relics of old Beijing operas. After this you will enjoy a traditional Chinese cuisine lunch at a local restaurant, followed by a traditional Tea Ceremony.
Then your guide will show the exterior of the National Center for the Performing Arts (NCPA), also known as the Beijing’s Opera House. This modern building designed by French architect Paul Andreu is an ellipsoid dome of titanium and glass surrounded by an artificial lake. It has capacity for 5,452 people in three halls with a total surface of 12,000 m² in size.
Next you will walk around the Olympic Area, where you will see the exteriors of two of the main venues for the Beijing Olympics in 2008: the National Olympic Sports Center and the National Aquatics Center. The first building is also known as The Bird Nest, and it was the main Stadium for the Opening ceremony, marathon and other olympic disciplines. The second building is also known as The Water Cube, and it is bubble wrapped rectangular building that hosted the swimming, diving and synchronised swimming events.
Finally, you will head to the 798 Art Zone. The Art Zone is made up of old military factory buildings showcasing the unique artwork from local artists from around the country. It contains arts centers with galleries, studios, museums, boutiques, cafés and bars. After walking this unique modern zone, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
- Go to visit the Capital Museum, one of the biggest museums in Beijing
- Relive the 2008 Olympic's greatest moments at Beijing's iconic Water Cube and Bird's Nest Stadium
- Check out 798 Art District's unique sculptures and art galleries, combining modern and contemporary Chinese culture
Tour starts at 08:30am, ends at 05:00pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by private vehicle or minivan
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Capital Museum entrance ticket
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off is within Beijing City Centre
- Kindly be at the hotel lobby at least 10 minutes before the pick-up time
- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
- Recommended to dress in comfortable shoes
- Note: The start and end times will vary depending on traffic and road conditions
- Capital Museum closes on Monday
- The Olympic Area and the NCPA visit does not included visiting the areas inside
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before boarding the vehicle
- This tour is valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com:
- Name of Hotel
- Passport Details of All Travellers
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.