Eating while walking while eating, either way, it sounds like an ideal way to spend an evening in Beijing!
Meet your food-loving local guide and begin a Beijing food adventure to remember, walking the bustling alleys to gain real insight into the life of local life while sampling the tasty local food on the street. Throughout our Beijing food tour, your local guide will recommend some local snacks for sampling, and you’ll also have the chance to try some specialities from elsewhere in China. You will explore the stories behind tasty treats like spring onion pancakes, Sichuan noodles, donkey meat sandwiches, and mini hotpots.
There’s an endless supply of local specialities to sample as we eat our way around one of the biggest produce markets in the centre of Beijing. Along the way, you’ll meet local culinary masters, like noodle and tofu makers, and join locals for their daily food shopping (practice some Chinese words and phrases from your local guide). Learn about different vegetables and spices, and maybe even pick up a trick or two about authentic Chinese cooking.
We’ll end our Beijing food tour in a convenient spot: Old Gulou Dajie. From here, it’s easy to head to the Houhai Lake area or to move on to other districts where you can explore local bars, cafes and restaurants. The night’s young, so head out for a drink or more food if your stomach has space, that is. Your local guide will be happy to provide recommendations for a great night out.
- Experience basic Chinese cooking techniques and ingredients
- Opportunity to learn basic Chinese words and phrases
Tour Start Time: 16:30hrs
Duration: 3.5 Hours
What You Get
- Local snack
- Local English speaking guide
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips or gratuities for guides
- Drinks and extra food, and shopping other than indicated in the itinerary.
- What to wear: Comfortable walking shoes.
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Child aged 6-14 years pay the child rate.
- During national holidays and on weekends sights in Beijing can be extremely crowded. If you wish to avoid the busiest times we recommend visiting Beijing outside of these periods or on a weekday
- Meeting Point: Travellers would be meeting at outside Gulou Dajie metro station, Exit A2 of Line 2 OR Exit E of Line 8. This station is an exchange station of Metro Lines 2 and 8.
- How to get to Meeting Point:
- If you take Line 2, you will be able to change within this station to Line 8 and get out at Exit E.
- If you take Line 8, you will be able to change within this station to Line 2 and get out at Exit A2.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.