Explore the best of Beijing by visiting the iconic landmarks in this one day tour! Learn about the historical and cultural significance of the different places of attraction. This tour is perfect to explore Beijing's major landmarks!
This is a full day tour to explore Beijing and visit the most attractive historical sites like the Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven & Summer Palace.
The guide will pick you up at your hotel lobby between 6:30 am and 7:30 am depending on on the location of your hotel. The exact time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts, normally after 6:00 pm, by a phone call to your hotel.
The tour starts at the northern side of Tiananmen Square, one of the symbols of Beijing. Here you can see two pairs of 600 years old stone lions, the characteristic ornamental columns, an outer golden water bridge and several other decorations that the guide will explain. The square is one of the biggest on the world, so from the distance, you will be able to see the National Flag Pole, the Monument to the People's Hero, the Chairman Mao Zedong Memorial Hall, the Great Hall of People, and the National Museum.
Then you will proceed to visit the Forbidden City, the largest and best-preserved ancient imperial palaces group in China, with 500 years of history. Here you will learn about the history of this sprawling World Heritage–listed complex, where Ming and Qing emperors once lived and ruled in opulence. Take in some of the 1,000 rooms and 800 buildings, and marvel at the exquisite luxury of imperial life. The visit along the central axis from south to north will last for about 2 hours.
On the way to Temple of Heaven, you will have a chance to visit the Chinese traditional medicine culture at a specialized hospital. The Temple of Heaven was a sacrificial complex for annual harvesting ceremonies during both the Ming and the Qing Dynasties. Its surrounding park is vast and also offers the opportunity to join in or watch locals doing their exercises, dancing or to just go for a pleasant stroll.
After a traditional Chinese cuisine lunch in local restaurant, you will enjoy a short visit to a Pearl Market where you can buy souvenirs for your love ones. Then, you will visit the Summer Palace, one of Beijing’s most popular landmarks and one of the best examples of an imperial gardens in China. The site, which covers a total of 1.8 miles and incorporates a large lake within it's boundaries, has long been a royal garden and was considerably enlarged during the reign of Empress Dowager Cixi. The Empress effectively controlled China for 47 years between 1861 and 1908. Once this last visit is finished, we will go back to your hotels.
Hotel Pick up Between 6:30 am to 7:30 am
What You Get
Beijing Bus Tour: Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven and Summer Palace
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Air-conditioned Coach
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- English-speaking tour guide
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Personal Expenses
- Items not included in the inclusion
- Passport details must be provided when making the reservation to buy the Forbidden City tickets
- Hotel must be in Beijing city centre (within the third ring road)
- If you are not staying within the third ring road, the operator will let you know the nearest designated pick-up point.
- Please be at the hotel lobby/designated pick-up point 5 minutes before the pick-up time.
- The pick-up time will be informed by the guide a day before the tour starts (normally after 6:00 pm) by a phone call. If you didn't get any information about the pick-up time after 10:00 pm the day before the tour, please contact us.
- Please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Changi Recommends Booking No.
- Name as per passport
- Passport No.
- Hotel Name
How to Use
- Kindly present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide upon pick-up
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no shows, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
- Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- Please e-mail any amendments to email@example.com at least 7 days before the tour date.