Spin your wheels through the backstreets and hutongs, stopping for quirky hutong stories, to admire some of the city's top sights and to enjoy a tasty local lunch.
As our Beijing bike tour winds through the hutongs, you'll have a unique view of this traditional way of life and witness this neighbourhood as it slowly disappears and the developers move in. Riding along the Forbidden City moat and through the parks nearby is hands down one of our favourite experiences, as it gives you a different perspective on this formerly forbidden city now being a welcoming open place for the non-royals.
Visit a very well preserved Hutong family home and enjoy an authentic Chinese lunch, cooked with love by the family themselves and chat to them about life in Beijing. Hop back on to your bikes and continue our cycling journey through the hutongs until you are back at the drum tower. We'll then hops on the public bus for a 15-minute ride back to the bike rental place, as your guide points out more of the city's historic landmarks and top foodie joints.
If you'd like to continue to the hutong experience in a different way, sampling some of the most popular snacks and visit a local produce market to learn a bit about Chinese cooking ingredients and spices, feel free to join us in the afternoon Beijing food tour which starts at 16:00. Your local guide can give you more information if you are interested.
- Explore zigzag through the ancient alleyways
- Discover the secrets and backroads in the ancient city
Tour Start Time: 09:00hrs
Duration: 5.5 Hours
What You Get
- Local English speaking guide
- Bike rental
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips or gratuities for your guide
- What to wear: Comfortable clothes.
- Children and teens under age 18 are not permitted to join this tour.
- Some of the snacks on this tour (the Kudai noodles and dumplings) are vegetarian or can be ordered as vegetarian. Also, the Roujiamo and beef pancake can be changed to alternate vegetarian options such as Bingjiacai and Zenggao.
- Meeting Point: Travellers are picked up from Nanluoguxiang Station, Exit F.
- Passports are required when booking tickets for the Forbidden City so please bring yours with you.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.