This is a full day tour to explore Beijing and visit the most attractive historical sites like the Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven & Summer Palace.
The tour starts at the northern side of Tiananmen Square, one of the symbols of Beijing. Here you can see two pairs of 600 years old stone lions, the characteristic ornamental columns, an outer golden water bridge and several other decorations that the guide will explain. The square is one of the biggest on the world, so from the distance, you will be able to see the National Flag Pole, the Monument to the People's Hero, the Chairman Mao Zedong Memorial Hall, the Great Hall of People, and the National Museum.
Then you will proceed to visit the Forbidden City, the largest and best-preserved ancient imperial palaces group in China, with 500 years of history. Here you will learn about the history of this sprawling World Heritage–listed complex, where Ming and Qing emperors once lived and ruled in opulence. Take in some of the 1,000 rooms and 800 buildings, and marvel at the exquisite luxury of imperial life. The visit along the central axis from south to north will last for about 2 hours.
On the way to Temple of Heaven, you will have a chance to visit the Chinese traditional medicine culture at a specialized hospital. The Temple of Heaven was a sacrificial complex for annual harvesting ceremonies during both the Ming and the Qing Dynasties. Its surrounding park is vast and also offers the opportunity to join in or watch locals doing their exercises, dancing or to just go for a pleasant stroll.
After a traditional Chinese cuisine lunch in local restaurant, you will enjoy a short visit to a Pearl Market where you can buy souvenirs for your love ones. Then, you will visit the Summer Palace, one of Beijing’s most popular landmarks and one of the best examples of an imperial gardens in China. The site, which covers a total of 1.8 miles and incorporates a large lake within it's boundaries, has long been a royal garden and was considerably enlarged during the reign of Empress Dowager Cixi. The Empress effectively controlled China for 47 years between 1861 and 1908.
Once this last visit is finished, we will go back to your hotels.
Tour starts: 6:30 am to 7:30 am, ends at 5:00 pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Shopping stops: Jade Craving Factory, Traditional Medicine Hospital (Purchasing at shopping stops are not required)
- Tips to the guide and driver (Optional)
- Personal expenses
- English-speaking guide will pick you up at your hotel lobby between 06:30am and 07:30am depending on other customer’s hotel pick-up. The exact time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts, normally after 6:00 pm, by a phone call to your hotel.
- Tour starts: 06:30 am to 07:30 am, ends at 05:00 pm
- Hotel must be in Beijing City Centre (within the third ring road)
- Pick-up from Airbnb or residential apartment is not possible. You will be inform via e-mail upon confirmation of an alternative pick-up meeting point
- If you stay in a hutong hotel in a narrow lane, the guide will ask you to please walk a few steps and wait for the bus on a main street.
- All traveller's full name and passport details is required when making reservation to buy the Forbbiden City tickets
- This is a shared tour with up to a maximum of 15 person
- Note: Purchasing at shopping stops are not required
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide upon pick-up for verfication
- The tour is valid only on the date specified
- Meet your guide at the hotel lobby, unless otherwise, which the guide will notify you the evening before the tour
*Note: After purchase, please email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org for all travellers:
- Full Name (as per passport)
- Passport Details
- Name of Hotel
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.