For visitors there are two places in Beijing that they should not miss. One is the Forbidden City which is the imperial palace which used to be the home for 24 Chinese Emperors. The other is the Great Wall at Mutianyu section. Our tour today will enable you to see those two sites in one day.
The tour starts at the northern side of Tiananmen Square, one of the symbols of Beijing. Here you can see two pairs of 600 years old stone lions, the characteristic ornamental columns, an outer golden water bridge and several other decorations that the guide will explain. The square is one of the biggest on the world, so from the distance, you will be able to see the National Flag Pole, the Monument to the People's Hero, the Chairman Mao Zedong Memorial Hall, the Great Hall of People, and the National Museum.
Then you will proceed to visit the Forbidden City, the largest and best-preserved ancient imperial palaces group in China, with 500 years of history. Here you will learn about the history of this sprawling World Heritage–listed complex, where Ming and Qing emperors once lived and ruled in opulence. Take in some of the 1,000 rooms and 800 buildings, and marvel at the exquisite luxury of imperial life. The visit along the central axis from south to north will last for about 2 hours.
After exploring the Forbidden City, you will have the opportunity to visit a Jade Carving Factory for 45 minutes. Jade carving is a very popular product in China, not only for the excellent skills artists need to do the carvings, but also because of the cultural background behind it. A traditional Chinese cuisine lunch will follow the visit.
The next activity is the Mutianyu Great Wall, the longest piece of architecture in the world, stretching from China’s east coast to China’s west desert. This section of the Wall is known for its beautiful surroundings like dense woods and rich pastures changing colors with the seasons of a year. At Mutianyu, you can hike up the side of mountain to the wall or take a cable car (at your own expense). Then you can walk over the wall passing several watch towers for different views. On the way down, you can either walk, or take the cable car or toboggan (at your own expense).
After this 2 hour’s visit, you will return to Beijing downtown, where you will have the chance to learn about the Chinese traditional medicine culture at a specialised hospital. Finishing the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel around 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm, depending on the hotel drop-off order.
Tour starts: 6:30 am to 7:30 am, ends at 4:00 pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Shopping stops: Jade Craving Factory, Traditional Medicine Hospital (Purchasing at shopping stops are not required)
- Fee of cable car to the Mutianyu Great wall
- Shuttle bus fee at the Mutianyu Great wall
- Tips to the guide and driver (optional)
- Personal expenses
- English-speaking guide will pick you up at your hotel lobby between 06:30am and 07:30am depending on other customer’s hotel pick-up. The exact time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts, normally after 6:00 pm, by a phone call to your hotel.
- Tour starts: 06:30 am to 07:30 am, ends at 04:00 pm
- Hotel must be in Beijing City Centre (within the third ring road)
- Pick-up from Airbnb or residential apartment is not possible. You will be inform via e-mail upon confirmation of an alternative pick-up meeting point
- If you stay in a hutong hotel in a narrow lane, the guide will ask you to please walk a few steps and wait for the bus on a main street.
- All traveller's full name and passport details is required when making reservation to buy the Forbbiden City tickets
- This is a shared tour with up to a maximum of 15 person
- Note: Purchasing at shopping stops are not required
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide upon pick-up for verfication
- The tour is valid only on the date specified
- Meet your guide at the hotel lobby, unless otherwise, which the guide will notify you the evening before the tour
*Note: After purchase, please email the following details to email@example.com for all travellers:
- Full Name (as per passport)
- Passport Details
- Name of Hotel
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.