Spend a wonderful day in Beijing exploring China’s mandatory visit: The Great Wall. You will also have the opportunity to visit one of the Ming Tombs, the Ding Ling Mausoleum, the only tomb which has an excavated underground palace.
The first stop of the tour is the Ming Tombs, the well-preserved thirteen Ming Dynasty imperial tombs with 500 years’ of history behind it. We will visit Ding ling Tomb, where is the tomb for the 13th emperor of Ming Dynasty. We will also visit his underground palace which was excavated in 1956.
After exploring the Ming Tombs, you will have the opportunity to visit a Jade Carving Factory for 45 minutes. Jade carving is a very popular product in China, not only for the excellent skills artists need to do the carvings, but also because of the cultural background behind. A traditional Chinese cuisine lunch will follow the visit.
The next activity is the Great Wall, the longest piece of architecture in the world, stretching from China’s east coast to China’s west desert. We will visit the Badaling section, the most famous and best preserved wall section near Beijing. Its highest point is around 800 meters above sea level, and there is an optional cable car transit up and down (at your own expense).
After the visit, you will return to downtown Beijing, where you will have the chance to learn about the Chinese traditional tea ceremony at a Tea Shop. Finishing the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel around 6:00 pm, depending on the hotel drop-off order.
Tour starts 6:30 am to 7:30 am and ends at 4:00 pm
What You Get
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional & friendly English-speaking tour guide
- Main entrance tickets to the tour sites as per the itinerary
- Traditional Chinese cuisine lunch
- Fee of Badaling Great Wall cable car
- Tips to the guide and driver (Optional)
- Personal expenses
- English-speaking guide will pick you up at your hotel lobby between 06:30am and 07:30am depending on the location of your hotel. The exact time will be informed by your guide a day before the tour starts, normally after 6:00 pm, by a phone call to your hotel.
- Tour starts at 06:30am to 07:30am, ends at 04:00pm
- Hotel must be in Beijing City Centre (within the third ring road)
- Pick-up from Airbnb or residential apartment is not possible. You will be inform via e-mail upon confirmation of an alternative pick-up meeting point
- If you stay in a hutong hotel in a narrow lane, the guide will ask you to please walk a few steps and wait for the bus on a main street.
- All traveller's full name and passport number is required to process admission for Badaling Great Wall before the tour
- This is a shared tour with up to a maximum of 15 person
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide upon pick-up for verfication
- The tour is valid only on the date specified
- Meet your guide at the hotel lobby, unless otherwise, which the guide will notify you the evening before the tour
*Note: After purchase, please email the following details to email@example.com for all travellers:
- Full Name (as per passport)
- Passport Number
- Name of Hotel
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.