See the historical icons that you can't miss in this majestic capital. Blend in local's morning exercise in Temple of Heaven Park.
Looking for the ultimate Beijing city tour? This just might be it. Hit the icons, partake in local activities, ride the subway, and gain insight into life as a local right here on this Beijing city tour.
Meet your local guide at the east gate of Temple of Heaven metro station by 08:00, and start your Beijing tour with a bit of morning exercise with locals in one of the city's most popular parks and historical sites, Temple of Heaven Park. It is full of people of all ages taking part in traditional pastimes such as tai chi, fan dancing, diablo, kite flying, water calligraphy, and more.
Join in some of the activities, soaking up the park's relaxed atmosphere. Visit the temple and ritual sites inside, where emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties would offer sacrifices to heaven and pray for good harvests. From there, jump on Beijing's subway to travel to the very heart of the city for a visit to one of Beijing's icons that is Tiananmen Square.
As we wander through this immense square your local guide will enlighten you as to why Tiananmen is so special to the Chinese people. From there, we'll pass through the Gate of Heavenly Peace (adorned with its famous Mao portrait) to enter the famed Forbidden City. Off-limits to most of the world for 500 years, this city houses the best-preserved cluster of ancient buildings in China and is a must-see spot in Beijing. Discover some of its secrets and learn about some of the legends while enjoying a tour through its many buildings.
After leaving the Forbidden City, will grab a simple lunch at a local restaurant to devour tasty authentic Chinese food. Then we will continue to gain a new perspective of the immensity of the Forbidden City from the top of the pagoda in Jingshan Park. High on a hill overlooking the city, this is the best place to take in stunning views of not only the Forbidden City but the ancient heart of Beijing.
Our ultimate Beijing tour will end in Jingshan Park, where you are free to spend more time exploring or head back into the heart of Beijing to take in more of the city's sights.
If you would like to continue to experience what real grass root like is like in the hutong areas and sample some of the most popular snacks in Beijing, feel free to join us in the afternoon Beijing food tour which starts at 16:00. Your local guide can give you more information if you are interested.
- Blend in with the locals by taking part in their morning exercises in Temple of Heaven Park
- Admire the magnificence of the Temple of Heaven and learn the royal ritual sacrifice to heaven
- Explore the iconic Tiananmen Square and understand its local significance
- Tour the Forbidden City and discover its secrets
- Ride the Beijing subway and experience how locals travel around the city
- Climb to the top of Jingshan Park for great views over ancient Beijing
Tour Start Time: 08:00hrs
What You Get
- Meals: 1 Lunch
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entry to Temple of Heaven Park and historical sites inside
- Entry to Forbidden City
- Entry to Jingshan Park
- Subway fare
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for guide
- What to wear: We will be on our feet exploring for most of the day so please make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Child aged 6-11 years pay the child rate
- During national holidays and on weekend sights in Beijing can be extremely crowded. If you wish to avoid the busiest times we recommend visiting Beijing outside of these periods or taking your Urban Adventures tour on a weekday.
- NOTE: The Forbidden City has now implemented a "real name" ticketing system that requires us to visitors' full names and passport numbers when booking tickets to the Forbidden City.
- Bring your passport with you on the tour.
- Meeting Point: Outside East Gate of the Temple of Heaven. You can reach this meeting point either by taking Metro Line 5 and getting off at Tiantandongmen Station, or you can take a taxi here by showing the Chinese script for East Gate of Temple of Heaven to your driver.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details for "ALL TRAVELLERS" to email@example.com:
- Full Name (as per passport)
- Passport No.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.