Columbia Icefield Glacier Adventure: Ice Explorer & Skywalk
Ride in the giant Ice Explorer vehicle on the Athabasca Glacier and take a short walk on the ancient ice.
Begin your unique adventure at the Columbia Icefield Discovery Center. Meet your guide, who will take you to the Athabasca Glacier. At the scheduled time, board your Ice Explorer, a huge vehicle specifically designed for glacial travel, and set off on an exciting ride.
During your ride, listen to your guide's stories and facts about the Columbia Icefield and the glaciers around you. Once on the Glacier, hop off the vehicle to walk on the extremely thick, 25,000-year-old ice and drink cold, pure water from the glacier itself. This is an experience you will never forget.
Then, take a short ride with your guide to the Columbia Icefield Skywalk. Heighten your senses by walking on a platform where only glass separates you from a 918-foot (279-meter) drop. Marvel at the spectacular views of the mountains and glaciers around you and the Sunwapta River with its waterfalls and crystal clear glacier water below.
10am, 10:30am, 11am, 2pm, 2:30pm, 3pm
What You Get
- Guided tour to Athabasca Glacier on Ice Explorer
- Admission to Columbia Icefield Skywalk
- Live English commentary on Ice Explorer
- Multilingual audio guide on the skywalk
- Shuttle to/from the glacier and the skywalk from the Columbia Icefield Discovery Center
- Taxes and fees
- Food and drink
- Transportation to/from the Columbia Icefield Discovery Center
Things to Bring:
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
Things that are not allowed:
- Luggage or large bags
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Columbia Icefield Discovery Centre, AB-93, Jasper, AB T1L 1J3, Canada