Johnston Canyon Hike to the Ink Pots
Hike through one of the most iconic canyons in the Canadian Rockies and enjoy the great mountain scenery, waterfalls in the spring, summer and fall, or icefalls in winter.
Hike up through Johnston's Canyon on walkways extended into the canyon. Enjoy beautiful views while passing waterfalls or icefalls, depending on the time of year. Walk through the home of the migratory and endangered Black Swift. Look out for this reclusive creature, try to see a dipper poking its head in the water, and listen for the sounds of the raven.
Learn about the flora, fauna, and geology of the Canadian Rockies. After hiking through the canyon enjoy the quiet hum of the forest before arriving at a cool spring, the Ink Pots, with great views of Mt. Ishbel. Enjoy some time to relax at the Ink Pots before returning back to the carpark.
What You Get
What to bring
- Backpack or bag
- Food and drinks
- Hiking shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Please meet out front of the Black Swift Cafe at Johnston Canyon for 10:30 AM to complete an orientation, waivers, and medical forms before leaving on the hike.