Join a friendly local guide for some serious temple-hopping, nature appreciation and an in-depth look at local life in Siem Reap.
During your Banteay Srei tour, we will explore the surrounding Banteay Srei district, meeting locals as we walk, hearing their stories and we'll lead you to some lesser-known attractions that many tourists don't know about. Get ready for a memorable day!
Our first stop will be the Banteay Srei Butterfly Centre, where we'll learn all about the lifecycle of butterflies. The netted tropical enclosure here contains thousands of beautiful, free-flying butterflies and is the largest of its kind in Southeast Asia. Revenue generated from tour admissions to the centre are also re-invested back into the local community to aid a number of poverty alleviation and conservation projects, so as you admire those beautiful butterflies, you can feel good about yourself too!
The next stop on our tour is the Cambodian Landmine Museum which was established in 1997 by ex-child soldier Aki Ra. Following years of fighting, he returned to the villages where he had planted mines as a child soldier and began removing then by hand and defusing them with homemade tools. The museum aims to educate visitors on the importance of clearing landmines in Cambodia and also supports at-risk Khmer children.
The truly stunning Banteay Srei Temple is next, which is home to some of the most exquisite stone carvings on earth. We'll take a look around, learn a little about the temple and its history and, let's be honest, pretend to be Indiana Jones for a few minutes. Since you're likely getting hungry at this point, we'll stop for a local lunch before heading to the next stop.
On the way back, we'll stop to meet the sugar palm community at Preah Dak Village, the biggest sugar palm producer in Siem Reap. Here you'll get a chance to learn how this organic sugar is produced and hopefully you'll get to taste one of their sweet treats too!
Our last stops of the day will be at two more elaborate temples in the grand circle of Angkor. Neak Pean is a Buddhist temple on a circular island in Jayatataka Baraym, built during the reign of King Jayavarman VII. Then we'll finish off with a visit to Preah Khan Temple, one of the largest complexes at Angkor.
After a full day of exploring and gathering some killer holiday snaps, we'll head back into Siem Reap and drop you off at your centrally located hotel. Before you go, don't forget to ask your local guide for more tips on what else to see, do and eat during your stay in Cambodia.
- Discover the ancient temple of Banteay Srei and go boating on a prehistoric lake.
- Enjoy a tasty and traditional three-course Cambodian lunch cooked with love at the community restaurant.
- Learn all about the lifecycle of butterflies at the Banteay Srei Butterfly Centre, home to magnificent moon moths and pretty rose butterflies.
- Visit two elaborate temples, Neak Pean and 12th-century Preah Khan, located within the grand circle of Angkor.
- Meet friendly locals involved in sugar palm production and try a freshly made sugar palm candy
Tour Starts Time: 08:00hrs
What You Get
- Landmine Museum entrance fee
- Local lunch, drinking water
- Transportation with air-conditioning
- Local English speaking tour guide
- Butterfly Centre admission
- One-day Angkor Day Pass
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips and gratuities for your guide
- What to wear: Please dress respectfully as part of the tour will be spent meeting members of the local community. Trousers and a skirt or knee length shorts and a shirt/t-shirt that covers your shoulders are most appropriate. Comfortable shoes or sandals suitable for walking are also highly recommended.
- This is a child-friendly tour.
- Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge
- Child Price: Age 6-11 years old
- Operator can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary restrictions
- Optional extra: At the start of your trip there is the option of upgrading from a 1-day to a 3-day Angkor pass for an additional cost.
- Meeting Point: Main Entrance of King's Road Angkor, a modern Khmer-style market, Corner of 7-Makara and Achar Sva Street, Old Market Bridge, Siem Reap.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.