See Angkor's most famed temples from the serene smiling faces of Bayon to the tomb-raiding Ta Prohm, before devouring a Khmer feast fit for a king.
You are picked up from centrally located hotels between 08:00 and 8:45 by your local guide for your day tour in Siem Reap.
We start our Angkor adventure with a visit to Angkor Wat temple easily the most famous and best preserved of all temples within the Angkor complex. We then move on to Angkor Thom visiting Bayon, with its 54 towers decorated with more than 200 enigmatic smiling faces, Phimeanakas, Baphoun, Terrace of the Elephants and the Terrace of the Leper King. We finish the morning with a stop at the very photogenic South Gate of Angkor Thom City where the gods and demons line the road leading to the gate struggling in a cosmic tug of war. The Gate itself is crowned with four large faces facing in the cardinal directions.
Lunch is Khmer style in a local restaurant. Regain your energy enjoying a sumptuous Khmer feast near Sras Srang, the Royal Pool of Ablutions, originally reserved for the King and his consorts. Enjoy a spread of great local food followed by a nap lazing in a hammock, or explore to see the traditional way of life and say hello to the Cambodians near here.
After lunch we continue our day tour by visiting the beautiful Ta Prohm (Tomb Raider) temple which was made famous by Angelina Jolie. Feel like one of the early explorers as you visit this temple which has been left to be reclaimed by the jungle.
If time permits finish the day climbing one of the oldest buildings in the Angkor complex, the brick pyramid shaped temple of Pre Rup.
- Visit the world's largest Hindu temple, Angkor Wat
- Marvel at Bayon with its 54 towers decorated with more than 200 enigmatic smiling faces
- Trek through Ta Prohm the jungle temple made famous in the Tomb Raider movie
- Taste a delicious Khmer lunch
Tour Starts Time: 08:00hrs
What You Get
- One day Angkor Archaeological Park pass
- Transport by air conditioned vehicle
- Local English speaking guide
- Khmer local lunch
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for drivers or guide.
- What to wear: Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate. Comfortable shoes are a must. The Apsara Authority which manages the park reserves the right to refuse entry to certain areas of the site for guests who wear clothing which is considered immodest. No smoking, drinking alcohol or touching the carvings is permitted in and around the temples.
- Conditions: For most of the year it is hot when exploring the temples. The guide will make regular stops where you can purchase water and snacks. Please keep hydrated and bring sunscreen and hats to protect yourself from the sun. At the start of your trip there is the option of upgrading from a 1 day to a 3 day Angkor pass for an additional $20. Speak with your local guide about this.
- Closure of sites: The third level of Angkor Wat is not open during Buddhist holidays.
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Child Price: Age 6-11 years old
- Pick-up/Drop-off at centrally located hotels in Siem Reap
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.