Spend some time delving into Phnom Penh's past. It's dark but essential to understanding the Cambodia of today.
You will be picked up from centrally located hotels between 08:00 and 08:45.
The day starts by learning about the tragic and fascinating recent history of Cambodia. See the location where journalists camped out in 1975 on the eve of the Khmer Rouge takeover, and the ghostly building that has been left burnt out and bullet holed as it stood after the war.
Confront Cambodia's tragic past, on a guided tour of the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, a former school which served as a Khmer Rouge torture centre. Then head out of the city to the Choueng Ek Memorial, where a pagoda made up of some 8,000 human skulls marks the site of one of the infamous Killing Fields.
Finish by sampling some interesting Khmer snacks and exploring how this recent history and politics continue to affect the lives of average Cambodians.
- Explore Phnom Penh's recent tragic history
- Visit to Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and Choueng Ek bone pagoda
- Explore the Cambodia of the past and present with a local guide
- Explore local politics and finish by sampling some interesting and delicious Khmer snacks
Tour Starts Time: 08:00hrs
Duration: 3.5 Hours
What You Get
- Entrance fees to Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (S21) and Choueng Ek Killing Field
- Local English speaking guide
- Transport (air conditioned vehicle)
- Khmer snacks
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for drivers or guide.
- What to wear: Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this, and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominately hot Asian climate. Visitors to the Royal Palace must wear shorts or skirts that are knee length or below, shirt sleeves that reach the elbow or longer, and sandals or shoes (no flip flops). Otherwise, they will be required to rent appropriate covering.
- Closure of sites: The Royal Palace grounds may be closed on important Khmer holidays for part or all of the day, and as such the order of visiting different sites may change in order to accommodate this. In the rare event that the palace grounds are closed for the entire day, an alternate activity of the same value will be provided.
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Child Price: Age 6-11 years old
- Pick-up/Drop-off at centrally located hotels in Phnom Penh
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.