Cambodia can also do a mean sunset cruise, so join this Phnom Penh tour to spend a lazy afternoon among the agriculture of Mekong Island, followed by a cruise past wats, pagodas, and palaces.
Start your Phnom Penh Mekong tour off with some excitement, as we pick you up by moto-remork (aka Cambodian tuk tuk) in preparation for your chill afternoon exploring local Cambodian life.
Head out of Phnom Penh on the Japanese Friendship Bridge, which was blown up during fighting in 1975 and reconstructed by the Japanese in 1993, before catching a vehicle ferry across the mighty Mekong River to Mekong Island.
Mekong Island is famous for silk weaving, agriculture and aquaculture, and we'll stop to see the silk weavers at work in the village, where you can purchase some of the local product if you wish.
Explore a Buddhist temple and experience the simple life style of the local people around 85% of who earn their living from agriculture or aquaculture. See fields of rice, morning glory, fruit, visit local family’s house and enjoy Khmer snacks. Look around the Vietnamese village and see the fishing boats, floating fish farms, and the pretty Catholic Church.
Next up, it's time for the Mekong tour part! Say goodbye to the tuk tuk and board a boat to enjoy sunset from the water at the junction of the Tonle Bassac, Tonle Sap, and the mighty Mekong Rivers. Enjoy seeing the distinctive architecture of Cambodia where Khmer influenced buildings such as Wat Ounalom, the Royal Palace, and the Silver Pagoda meet French colonial buildings, some renovated some ravaged by neglect and the war.
After the Mekong boat tour and gorgeous sunset, we'll return you back to Phnom Penh and back to your hotel.
- Travel by local remork (tuk tuk) and boat down the Mekong
- Explore an island in the Mekong, discovering the local way of life
- See fishing and agriculture and try your hand at local silk weaving
- Wander around local villages,visit a local family's house and sample Khmer snacks and fruits
- Marvel at Phnom Penh's Khmer and French colonial architecture from the water
Tour Starts Time: 14:00hrs
Duration: 3.5 Hours
What You Get
- Local English speaking guide
- Transportation via tuk tuk
- Vehicle barge
- Local boat with life jackets
- Khmer snacks
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for drivers or guide.
- What to wear: Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Child Price: Age 6-11 years old
- Pick-up/Drop-off at centrally located hotels in Phnom Penh
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.