Whitehaven Beach Southern Lights Tour
These semi-rigid inflatable vessels are the fastest in the Whitsundays, allowing guests to experience a fun ride, adventure and education amongst the natural beauty of the Whitsundays.
Ride, beach, snorkel and bushwalk - all in one day! The Southern Lights tour offers the perfect Whitehaven Beach tour, visiting both ends of the world famous beach and enjoying approximately two hours relaxing at the southern end of the 7km stretch of Whitehaven Beach.
At the northern end of Whitehaven Beach, enjoy a guided bushwalk to spectacular Hill Inlet Lookout to view and capture photographs of the stunning swirling silica sands and aqua water. This is the only tour to have direct access to all areas of the stunning and iconic Hill Inlet beach to ensure you enjoy the most memorable experience of this special place.
Snorkel for over an hour at Border Island, Dumbell Island, or one of our “secret” snorkel spots, and enjoy the amazing hard and soft corals of the fringing reefs, as well as a huge range of marine life including colourful fish, turtles, clams and so much more, all of which call the inner coral reefs home.
- Your packing list should include: a beach bag (with towel, hat & sand shoes), sweater/jacket during winter, camera in a waterproof case, some food and beverages to keep yourself full and hydrated throughout the day
- Participation for Infants under the age of 2 is free of charge, but they still require tickets. Should you be bringing along infants for this activity, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and No. of Infant tickets required
- Optional extras are available on-site at an extra charge: buffet lunch at $16, sunsuit/wetsuit hire at $8, prescription mask hire at $15
- A Chinese guide is available daily but not guaranteed for all boats
- If you prefer more time snorkelling, you are advised to check out the Northern Exposure tour
Tours depart daily at 1000hrs and return at around 1630hrs
*Please report at 0900hrs for check-in.
What You Get
- Visit to Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet
- Guided National Park walks
- Inner fringing coral reef snorkelling
- Personalised snorkel instruction
- Use of snorkel equipment and floatation devices
- Reef and island naturalist talks
- Complimentary bus transfers to and from your accommodation
- Optional add-ons such as lunch and sunsuit/wetsuit hire
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Coral Sea Marina North Village, Shingley Dr, Airlie Beach QLD 4802, Australia (next to Sorrento Restaurant & Bar)