The perfect choice for those who want to see the Great Barrier Reef from the air but not so keen on snorkelling, or are just a little short on time.
Relax in absolute comfort as our seaplanes showcase the Whitsunday Island National Park and the breathtaking expanse of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park World Heritage Area. During the course of this 1 hour 20 minute scenic flight, you will take in views of Whitsunday hinterland, Conway National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Passage, Hayman Island, Hook Island, Whitsunday Island (the largest national park island in the group), Whitehaven Beach, the amazing swirling sands of Hill Inlet and then accelerate across the Coral Sea to the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park to take in the sights of Bait Reef, home of the amazing stepping stones, Hook Reef and Hardy Lagoon (the most photographed location of the entire Great Barrier Reef Marine Park!). We will also show off one of our biggest natural wonders to you, the perfectly shaped Heart Reef.
To top off this amazing flight we will descend to 500 feet whilst at the reef to take in all the sights of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park so you can possibly spot a turtle, rays or in the right season, pods of humpback whales. We will also show off with a touch and go water landing at the reef so you can experience the sensation of landing on the oceans surface in a seaplane (weather dependent).
This scenic flight over the Whitsunday Islands and the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park is followed with a relaxing one hour visit to Whitehaven Beach. Frequently voted as one of the world’s top ten beaches, this striking stretch of silica beach on Whitsunday Island National Park is the perfect location to enjoy a picnic lunch, explore and recline in the crystal clear waters with turtles and rays.
- Your packing list should include: swimwear, towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, camera, light jacket (in winter)
- The maximum group size of this experience is 10; limited number and exclusive use ensure small groups and dedicated service from your pilot
- To complete your booking, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and Accommodation Details in Airlie Beach
- Upon receiving your voucher in a second email from us, your booking is confirmed. However, as flight times are subject to tides, they will not be confirmed until the day prior. The flight operator's contact number will be stated on the voucher and you may contact them directly to secure the flight time closer to your flight date
- Guests arriving or departing from the region on the same day are welcome to leave their luggage safely with the flight operator
- Flights are free of charge for children below the age of 2
Flight departure times are subject to tides
Tour duration is 2 hours 50 minutes after departure, subject to change depending on aircraft utilised and whether there are island pickups
What You Get
- Seaplane scenic flights over Whitsunday Islands, Whitehaven Beach & Hill Inlet, and Great Barrier Reef
- Comprehensive in-flight commentary
- Transfers to and from local accommodation in Airlie Beach
- Food and beverages include Australian sparkling wine, fruit juice, spring water, cheese and crackers
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your printed voucher to the flight operator on the day of your flight.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Whitsunday Coast Airport
Lascelles Ave, Gunyarra QLD 4800, Australia