Blue Mountains Explorer Bus (with optional Scenic World)
See the most in the Blue Mountains at your own pace! There's no rush and no rules, just freedom to explore!
Get fast and frequent access to all the best sights and attractions in the Blue Mountains. Hop on a Explorer Bus and discover all the highlights and hidden wonders of this vast mountain wilderness. Come alive in nature - walk out to the edge at Echo Point and look into a wilderness so pure, you can easily feel like the first person ever to see it. Let the sound of running water refresh your soul at one of the countless spectacular cascades or waterfalls; with the flexible Hop-on, Hop-off Bus pass, the choice is yoiurs - see them all, or stay a while and cool off as you treat yourself to a secluded natural shower.
Purchase the Lyrebird Pass and in minutes, you can be soaring high above huge waterfalls or shooting down into ancient rainforest on the world's steepest railway at Scenic World.
- Arrive early to get the most out of your Blue Mountains visit! The best timings to catch the train from Sydney Central Station are 0653 - 1118 hrs on weekdays, and 0624 - 1124 hrs on weekends & public holidays
- Be sure to purchase an Opal Card for your train journey
- Explorer Bus passes are valid for 1 day. However, if you are staying overnight in the Blue Mountains, your pass can be extended for up to 3 days
- Admission is free for children aged 3 and below
First departure from Katoomba Station is 0915hrs, with bus frequency of 30 minutes
Please click here for the Bus Timetable.
What You Get
- 1-day Explorer Bus Pass (Hop on and off all day with the 29 stops available)
- Complimentary visitor guide book
- Live commentary
- 1-day Lyrebird Pass (unlimited Scenic Railway, Skyway, Cableway, Walkway inside Scenic World) *optional*
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from Blue Mountains
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher at the ticket office outside Katoomba Station on the day of your visit.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher shortly. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Take a train from Sydney Central Station to Katoomba Station
For more directions, please click here.