An iconic Western Australian experience! Learn the history of Broome pearling, watch a live pearl harvest and taste the rare delicacy of pearl meat!
Western Australia is famous for producing the world’s largest and finest pearls.
This 60-minute experience gives an exclusive insight into the mysterious world of pearling. You will learn exactly how pearls are grown through modern day practices and be provided with a thrilling recount of the rich history surrounding pearling in Broome, Western Australia.
The star of the show is the Pinctada maxima oyster, known as the largest pearl producing oyster in the world. You will get to work with this remarkable creature throughout the master class and witness the birth of a pearl, extracted as the oyster is opened up for the first time right in front of you.
Willie Creek Pearls have been delivering award-winning tourism experiences for almost 30 years and are currently 1 of just 4 licenced Pearl Farmers in Australia’s North West. We are excited to share the fascinating and intricate process of growing a valuable pearl that could range anywhere between $500 and $5,000 (& beyond)! This experience will also showcase examples of rare pearl types along with breathtaking pieces of Australian pearl jewellery.
Looking for things to do in Perth? The picturesque Willie Creek Pearls Perth showroom is open 7 days a week and you have three unique pearl discovery experiences to choose from. Pearl Master Class is a bookable on demand daily. The showroom is located opposite the Bell Tower on Barrack Street Jetty, Elizabeth Quay.
Tour operate twice daily at 10am and 2pm running 7 days a week
What You Get
- In this Pearl Master Class learn the history of the award winning Australian South Sea Cultured Pearl. An expert will share their knowledge of the pearl from harvest to shop display, watch a live pearl harvest and learn how pearls are graded
- Taste the rare delicacy of pearl meat
- Includes a $50 Pearl Jewellery voucher
Terms and Conditions
Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no shows, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
How to Get There
Western Pavilion, Barrack Square, Barrack Street Jetty, Perth WA 6000