Puffing Billy Steam Train (Belgrave to Gembrook)
Take a ride on the narrow gauge heritage railway lines aboard the iconic Puffing Billy Steam Train. Travel from Belgrave to Gembrook along the the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges - a must-do experience for everyone visiting Melbourne.
Preserving early Victorian heritage, the Puffing Billy Steam Train is a narrow line train service that has been in operation since 1900. Today, the train runs from Belgrave to Emerald, Lakeside or Gembrook stations, offering visitors in Melbourne and unforgettable experience. As you travel from Belgrave and leave Melbourne behind you, you will be greeted by breathtaking views of the Victorian country side. Along the way, the train will gently pass by rolling hills, forests and farmlands along the Dandenong ranges.
One of the most popular tourist activities in Melbourne, these train tickets usually sell out quite quickly. Secure your seats now and get ready to step back in time to a bygone era and experience an unforgettable part of Victorian history.
- On the day of your train ride, you can select which train to return on (to Belgrave station)
- Due to the heritage nature of the carriages, only folding or narrow prams can be accommodated through the narrow carriage doors
- Guide/Assistant dogs are the only dogs permitted on the train
- Do not hang your legs outside of the carriage
- Do not stand, walk, sit or lay on the railway tracks
- Do not open the carriage doors on the non-platform side of the train
- Do not open the carriage doors while the train is moving
- Smoking is prohibited on the train, platforms or under roofed areas
Train timetable changes seasonally - please click here for the 2020 timetable
What You Get
- Return train fare from Belgrave to Gembrook stations
- Dinner train experiences
- Food & beverages
- Hotel transfers and transportation to and from train station
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher on the day of your train ride.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointd operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
1 Old Monbulk Road, Belgrave VIC 3160, Australia