See the sunset over the Twelve Apostles on our spectacular Great Ocean Road Sunset Bus Tour.
Departing Melbourne at around 10.00am we enjoy panoramic views of the city and Port Phillip Bay as we cross the Westgate Bridge, Australia’s longest at just under 2.6 kilometres in length. We pass by and learn a little about Victoria’s second largest city, Geelong, as we make our way towards the Surf Coast, with its enchanting beach side towns and powerful swells.
We make a brief stop at the town of Anglesea, for a chance to walk alongside the beautiful Anglesea River, before continuing the scenic journey along the Great Ocean Road. The scenic journey along the Great Ocean Road is a highlight in itself, as we absorb some truly amazing coastal scenery, with new views being revealed around every bend. We make plenty of scenic stops, including of course a photo opportunity at the Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch at Eastern View.
At the township of Kennet River we break for lunch. From here we travel onwards through the Otway Ranges to the Shipwreck Coast and the iconic rock formations of the Port Campbell National Park. Our first stop here is the stunning Loch Ard Gorge where 52 lives were lost and only 2 souls survived the wreck of the Loch Ard in 1878. Your guide will recount the legend of the Loch Ard, bringing the gorge to life in a way you never imagined. We take time to explore here, with more rock formations to see, including the Razorback, the Dumpling Pots and the delightful Island Archway.
As the sun approaches the horizon we make our way to our final sightseeing destination. You will be awestruck by the majestic monoliths of the Twelve Apostles. Enjoy a genuine spectacle watching the colours of the sky & the land transform in the evening light.
We break up the homeward journey with a dinner stop (own expense) in the regional town of Colac. We then continue on, enjoying a stunning view of the illuminated city as we again cross the Westgate Bridge on the approach to Melbourne. With drop off right back to your inner city accommodation, you’ll remember this day as a true highlight of your Australian holiday.
*Please be advised that itinerary shown is subject to change without prior notice from the tour operator
- We suggest you dress appropriately for all weather conditions
- Pack snacks and a water bottle that can be refilled throughout the day.
- Sunscreen is advisable during the warmer months. Bring a warm jacket throughout most months of the year as coastal winds can make conditions rather cool
- Please be advised to arrive at your pickup location at least 10 minutes prior to your allocated pickup time
- No prams or strollers are permitted for the tour
- The operator is able to provide an infant seat (0-3 years old) or a child booster seat (4-8 years old) free of charge. Please note that there is only a limited number each day and they must be pre-booked. Kindly send a request to email@example.com and provide the age of your child along with your Order Number and booking details
- Download the Go West Tours App from the App Store or Google Play Store prior to your departure for access to multi-language tour commentary available in Arabic, Malay, Cantonese, French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese & Hindi
Hotel pickup timing will differ according to your accommodation
What You Get
- Full day tour with experienced guide
- All transfers and commentary
- All entry fees and taxes
- Free onboard Wi-Fi
- Access to translation application
- Lunch and dinner
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointd operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
There will be return transfers from your accommodation, or a nearby hotel