Tangalooma Classic Day Cruise (Departure from Gold Coast)
Escape from Gold Coast to Tangalooma on Moreton Island, a pristine wonderland waiting to be explored.
Discover this tropical island escape only 75 minutes from Brisbane. A winning combination of crystal clear waters, white sandy beaches and untouched national park, Tangalooma on Moreton Island is a pristine wonderland waiting to be explored. Your tour includes free time to enjoy the resort facilities and a choice of one adventure experience: Sand Tobogganing, Marine Discovery tour or Snorkelling the Shipwrecks.
A typical itinerary of the tour is as follows:
- 0615hrs onwards: Pickup from Gold Coast Hotel/Accommodation
- 1000hrs: Depart for Tangalooma Island Resort
- 1115hrs: Arrive at Tangalooma Island Resort
- 1200hrs: Lunch - Choose from any of the Resort's food outlets
- After Lunch: Free & Easy. With over 50 tours and activities to choose from, you can spend the day as an island adventurer and explore the landscape, flora and fauna, as well as the Moreton Bay Marine Park’s dolphins, turtles, dugongs and tropical fish. Guests on a budget can simply soak up the island sun at the beach, enjoy one of the resort swimming pools or choose from over 40 free activities, such as archery, tennis, squash, boule, basketball, badminton and croquet - to name a few! Choose from three adventure experiences that do not come with a Beach Day Cruise package.
- Sand Tobogganing: Marvel at the island’s inland desert where you can try the exhilarating sport of Moreton Island - sand tobogganing - reaching speeds of up to 40km/h! This activity is weather dependant and is not as easy as it looks.
- Marine Discovery Cruise: Journey along the coastline in search of dolphins, dugongs, green sea turtles, sea cucumbers, rays and more! Our purpose-built catamaran provides unobstructed views of Moreton Bay’s intriguing marine life. Full commentary is provided by an Eco Ranger.
- Wrecks Snorkel Tour: Enjoy the crystal-clear waters of the Moreton Bay region on a guided snorkel tour through the Tangalooma Shipwrecks. With the chance of seeing 3 different species of sea turtle, dolphins, rays and over 200 species of fish and 130 species of coral, you won’t want to get out.
- 1530hrs: Depart Tangalooma Island Resort
- 1900hrs onwards: Return to Brisbane Hotel/Accommodation or Transit Centre
- To complete your booking, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number and Accommodation Details in Brisbane
- Children aged 2 and below are free of charge
Hotel pickups commence at around 0615hrs. Your cruise will commence at approximately 1000hrs
What You Get
- Return coach transfers from selected Gold Coast hotels
- Return boat cruise across Moreton Bay marine park
- 1 standard beverage on the boat transfer
- Day pass access to the Resort & use of facilities such as 2 swimming pools, restaurants and bars
- 40 activities to choose from (there are around 10 other activities available at an extra cost)
- Choice of Sand Tobogganing, Marine Discovery Cruise or Wrecks Snorkel Tour
- Dolphins presentation at the Eco Centre
- Lunch voucher ($20 and $15 for adult and child respectively)
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the operator on the day of your cruise.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
You will be picked up from selected Gold Coast hotels/accommodation on the day of your tour. Should your hotel or accommodation not be in the tour operator's pickup list, you will be directed to the nearest pickup point