David Fleay Wildlife Park
stroll through natural habitats and visit a nocturnal house to see some of Australia's most iconic wildlife. You'll meet crocodiles, koalas, emus, brolgas, dingoes, dunnarts, bilbies and kangaroos, along with resident platypus, Wally. Explore the park on your own or join the rangers in one of their daily wildlife shows.
Located in the beautiful surroundings of Burleigh Heads, David Fleay’s is a wildlife park with a difference! As you wander through the grounds, you will discover iconic Australian wildlife in their natural habitat. The park is inspired by the legacy of naturalist David Fleay who insisted that animals be cared for and nurtured in an environment that resembled their natural habitat. At the park, you will find animals in natural enclosures to reflect his philosophy and life’s work in research, breeding and education. Among some of the friendly animals that you will find here are endangered southern cassowaries and tree kangaroos in the rainforest. You can also meet wallabies and emus in Wallaby Way. Not to be missed is the platypus display for Wally- the only platypus display of its kind on the Gold Coast!
Be sure to stop by the nocturnal house and spy on some shy creatures of the night including mahogany gliders, greater bilbies and fat tailed dunnarts. You can also learn more about the wildlife by catching one of the daily presentations by park rangers including the popular Fleay’s In Flight Show. David Fleay’s is no ordinary wildlife park and prides itself on education, conservation and caring for injured animals before they are returned to the wild. You will want to spend the day here, as you stroll the grounds. Bring a picnic and relax in the tranquil rainforest surroundings or enjoy a Devonshire tea at Fleay’s café. The nearby Tallebudgera Creek walking track offers additional opportunities for colourful bird watching as you wander past the creek and mangroves. Immerse yourself in nature and discover the natural fauna reserve and Australian wildlife at David Fleay’s Wildlife Park. Book your David Fleay Wildlife Park admission ticket today!
- Open daily from 9.00am–5.00pm. Closed Christmas Day and Anzac Day morning
- Fleay’s Cafe opens daily from 9.00am–4.00pm
- Nocturnal House opens daily from 10.30am–5.00pm
- Open hours are subject to change without notice
What You Get
- General admission to David Fleay Wildlife Park
- Wildlife shows, talks and encounters
- Click here to view our Map and Activity Guide
- Does not include admission to any other programs, activities, premium services or extended hours of the Park (including Twilight Experience)
- 9.30am - Wallaby Walk at Wallaby Way. Meet some of Australia’s iconic animals as our Park Rangers feed our wallabies and emus.
- 10.30am - Nature by Night at Nocturnal House. Meet our playful platypus and sneak a peek at some of Australia’s rarest and most unusual nocturnal animals.
- 11:00am - Creatures of the Night Show at Nalu Stage. Be amazed by Queensland’s nocturnal gliders, possums and owls.
- 12:00pm (September to April, subject to change) - Croc Chat at Ring Dam. Crocodile sightings are guaranteed when our Park Rangers introduce you to these amazing predators.
- 12:00pm (May to August, subject to change) - Cassowary Quest at Cassowary Way. Learn why these magnificent and quirky birds may hold the secret to our rainforest survival.
- 1:00pm - Fleay's in Flight at Amphitheatre. Join our Park Rangers and some of their feathered friends as they tell the story of Dr David Fleay.
- 2.15pm - Creature Feature Encounter at Kauri trees. Experience some of our amazing native wildlife up close. Which animal will you meet today? It’s a surprise!
- 3:00pm - Tree Roo Talk at Tree-kangaroo enclosure. A kangaroo in a tree! How can that be? Learn about this animal that appears to be a mix of a possum, monkey and kangaroo.
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no shows, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
How to Get There
- Located on the corner of West Burleigh Road and Loman Lane in West Burleigh on the Gold Coast. The park is just 15mins from Gold Coast Airport, 25mins from Surfers Paradise and 90km south of Brisbane
- You can drive yourself or use public transport. Trains operate regularly from Brisbane to the Gold Coast (Varsity Lakes) where connecting bus services can be accessed
- Travelling on the Pacific Motorway, take the Tallebudgera Creek Road turn-off (exit 89) - just 2mins from the park entrance
- From Broadbeach South station on the Gold Coast, take the Surfside Route 756 to the intersection of West Burleigh Road and Loman Lane - about a 330m walk from the park