Katherine Gorge Tour
Set deep within the stone country of Nitmiluk National Park, Katherine Gorge is a dramatic setting.
Towering above the Katherine River, take a boat journey into the "never never" land that highlights the grandeur of this spectacular gorge.
Highlights of this tour include:
- Head south out of Darwin on the Stuart Highway
- Endless outback scrub and WWII air strips
- Take a break at Adelaide River - perhaps a light or cooked country breakfast (own expense)
- Visit Adelaide River War Cemetery - a memorial of the Darwin air raids in the 1940's
- Wallabies can usually be seen in this area
- Travel the western side of Nitmiluk National Park to superb Edith Falls
- Time for a swim in the waterhole below the falls (conditions permitting) or relax on the grassy banks
- Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at the Katherine Gorge Visitors Centre in Nitmiluk National Park
- Nitmiluk National Park - take a two hour guided tour and scenic cruise through Katherine Gorge
- Look for freshwater crocodiles on the banks
- After the first gorge, there is a short walk along the side to the second gorge
- Marvel at the stark, sheer, richly coloured escarpments of the Katherine Gorge canyon
- Tour through the outback township of Katherine - the third largest in the Territory
- Stop at Adelaide River for dinner (own expense) - perhaps try the local delicacy "Barra and chips"
- To complete your booking, please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number and Accommodation Details in Darwin
- Participation for children aged 1 years old and below is free
- A good level of fitness is required to access some of the waterfalls. Hats, sunscreen, sturdy & comfortable walking shoes, and bottled water are recommended when participating
- Please be reminded that the itinerary is subject to seasonal conditions
Tour commences at around 0630hrs on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
Pickup times are from 0600hrs onwards. Please allow 14 hours for the entire experience.
What You Get
- Return coach transfers from your Darwin accommodation
- Full-day itinerary
- Katherine Gorge cruise
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
You will be picked up from your Darwin accommodation by the tour operator on the day of your tour