This is one of the most intimate and authentic Aboriginal Tour experiences in Tropical North Queensland. An exclusive and spectacular Aboriginal cultural journey from coast to Rainforest to experience natural beauty and ancient culture. Walk in the steps of the ancestors of the Kuku Yalanji Rainforest people of Tropical North Queensland. With the traditional owners of the land, guests are immersed into their culture, their beliefs and their home.
Cooya Beach: The traditional fishing ground of the Kuku Yalanji people has three diverse ecosystems: beach, mangrove and coastal reef. A member of the Kubirri Warra clan will introduce you to their traditional fishing and gathering techniques. Any catch of crabs, mussels and fish is cooked up to share with homemade damper on the shore of Cooya Beach.
Mossman Gorge Centre: You are greeted with a traditional smoking ceremony conducted by Aboriginal people with specialised cultural knowledge to welcome people to their land.
Lunch: Enjoy a delicious lunch infused with local flavours served in the Mossman Gorge Mayi Café at the edge of the rainforest.
Rainforest Walk: Wander into the lush rainforest of the World Heritage Daintree National Park; home of the Kuku Yalanji people. Experience one of the world’s oldest and most beautiful rainforests with your Adventure North guide. An easy walk across boardwalks, tracks and bridges that protect the delicate ecosystem that adorns spectacular waterfalls and mountain ranges. Your guide will explain the rich flora, fauna and diverse ecosystem.
After exploring the rainforest in Mossman Gorge, board the coach for your return transfer back to your accommodation.
Note: Above itinerary is subject to change and may operate in reverse due to tides at Cooya Beach
- You are strongly advised to wear comfortable attire for the tour, such as shorts, T-shirt and hat
- You are strongly encouraged to bring sunscreen, insect repellent, towel and bottled water
- This tour is not recommended for children aged 3 and below
- To complete your booking, kindly send an email with your Order Number and Accommodation Name to firstname.lastname@example.org for the arrangement of hotel transfers
Tour duration depends on departure location.
Cairns City: 0730 - 1815 hrs
Northern Beaches: 0800 - 1745 hrs
Port Douglas: 0900 - 1700 hrs
What You Get
- Experienced guide with commentary
- 2-hour coast and cultural walk with a Kubirri Warra clan member
- Damper & catch of the day
- Lunch at the Mossman Gorge Centre
- Traditional Smoking Ceremony
- Interpretive driver guided Rainforest Walk at Mossman Gorge
- Return hotel transfers from Cairns, Northern Beaches and Port Douglas
- Activities and experiences not specified in the above itinerary
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
- Please present a printed or mobile voucher to the operator on the day of your tour
Terms and Conditions
Upon successful purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given