You won't get to know all of Toowong Cemetery with only the Original Tour. Complete your haunted experience with The Other Side tour.
For 138 years, it has been the Brisbane General Cemetery - nearly everyone has a relative buried here. One of the most beautiful haunted sites in Brisbane, Toowong Cemetery is now the largest cemetery in Queensland, covering almost 250 acres at the base of Mount Coot-tha. It is the burial place of 120,000 souls – some famous, some infamous.
Spread over the hills and steep slopes are tens of thousands of gravestones, tombs & crypts. There are many parts you would not go alone. Generations of local people have been drawn to the ghost stories and tales – both real and imagined. Now locked to the public at night to prevent vandalism, it is even more isolated and empty than before. Empty, save the dead...
Hear real ghost stories of real haunted graves: true tales researched from archives, libraries, former cemetery staff and local people – ghostly grave diggers, infamous killers, “Spook Hill” and how the cemetery punished wayward children.
Meet at the back gates of one of the most haunted burial grounds in Australia – Toowong Cemetery. By day - a beautiful and tranquil place; by night - a city of the dead.
- This is a completely different tour to The Original Tour. Both tours have different start locations, different routes and different stories!
- This tour is not suitable for children aged 11 and below
- Please ensure that everyone in your party has fully enclosed, flat soled shoes. Stilettos, sandals, thongs or bare feet are strictly not permitted. Ballet flats are fine
Tour commences at 1930hrs on Saturday
What You Get
- Approximately 2-hour guided walking tour through the cemetery on a different tour route
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the night of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
The gates in Richer Street, Toowong Cemetery, Brisbane
*More details will be provided on your confirmation voucher.