South Brisbane Cemetery Ghost Tour
One of Australia’s most haunted sites, the second largest cemetery in Queensland hides many terrible tales.
The iron fence and entrance gates of South Brisbane Cemetery - more commonly known as Dutton Park Cemetery - is passed by thousands of drivers every day, though few know who lies there. This is one of the earliest burial grounds in the state – the first recorded burial being in 1870. Covering forty-six acres, the cemetery stretches down a steep hill to the Cemetery Reach of the Brisbane River. Hidden among old trees are thousands of gravestones and memorials. Hundreds more are missing – the result of flood, vandalism & time.
Meet at the gates of one of Australia’s most haunted graveyards – South Brisbane Cemetery. Also known as Dutton Park Cemetery, gravediggers say this is Brisbane's most creepy burial ground. Be led on an intimate 2-hour historic ghost tour with an eerie Tour Guide. Hear 13 real ghost stories of real haunted graves: true tales researched from archives, libraries, former grave diggers and local people – hungry ghosts, spirits of criminals, the executed of Boggo Road Gaol, floods and bloody murder.
- This tour is not suitable for children aged 11 and below
- Please ensure that everyone in your party has fully enclosed, flat soled shoes. Stilettos, sandals, thongs or bare feet are strictly not permitted. Ballet flats are fine
Tour commences at 1930hrs on Friday (first and third Friday of each month) and Saturday
What You Get
- Approximately 2-hour guided walking tour through the cemetery
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed voucher to the tour operator on the night of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Entrance gates, Dutton Park Cemetery, Brisbane
*More details will be provided on your confirmation voucher.