Brisbane Story Bridge Day Climb
Enjoy the sunshine as you climb the Story Bridge. Take in a full 360-degree panorama of Brisbane and its surrounds. From the Glass House Mountains to Moreton Bay and south to the Scenic Rim, enjoy the best views in Brisbane.
The adventure begins at our Climb base camp, directly under the Story Bridge itself. After a quick pre-climb brief, you will depart our base and ascend a spiral staircase that leads to the start of our suspended walkway directly beneath the Bradfield Highway (Australia’s shortest Highway). From here, you are connected to our climb line for the entire climb and you will start the journey along the suspended walkway to the base of the southern pylon, learning about the colourful history of the Story Bridge and Brisbane.
By now you should have warmed up – because it’s climb time! Start the climb up through the inner Eastern bridge arm, climbing level with one of Brisbane’s busiest commute points and then ascending straight up the south-eastern cantilever arm that stretches over the Brisbane River and reaches up into the sky. Before you know it, you are celebrating with your climb group on the summit platform, where you will get your bearings and some fun facts about the amazing 360 panoramic before you.
Venturing further along, you will explore the bridge from a different angle, travelling approximately half way across the river below before returning to the top platform for a final climb group photo before your descent back to our Climb base camp. Every Climb to the top includes a Climb group photograph, with additional individual photographs available for purchase.
- Please be informed that children aged 5 years old and below are not able to participate
- Please be informed that the maximum weight for participation is 130kg
- All children must be accompanied by an adult or guardian while climbing. One paying adult climber must accompany every 3 child climbers
- No personal belongings are allowed during the Climb
Day climbs commence daily at the following timeslots: 0800hrs, 0900hrs, 1000hrs, 1520hrs, 1540hrs, 1640hrs
*There may be other timeslots available anytime between 0800 - 1700 hrs, depending on seasonality
What You Get
- 2-hour Climb Experience
- All climbing equipment and safety briefing
- 1 complimentary souvenir photo (additional photographs at your own expense)
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the cruise operator on the day of your cruise.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
170 Main St, Kangaroo Point, QLD 4169, Australia